Friday, August 3, 2012

Jet Blast and Air Traffic Controller / Pilot Blogs

LAX Air Traffic Control Tower (built 1996, 277ft/84m)

'View from the Tower' Blog

This post is a slight departure from my usual posts showing Airport Master Plans and ACRP reports but I thought it was relevant as it offers perspectives of other aviation professionals, specifically Air Traffic Controllers and Pilots.

I was searching on the internet for information about 'jet blast' and came across this LAX Air Traffic Controller's blog "View from the tower".  It features lots of pictures of aircraft at LAX and views from the Tower.  It also gives insight into an Controller's life.  With regards to Jet blast, I learnt about the terrible trio - B777-300, A340-600 and the A380. (click here for that post)

'Flight Level 390' Blog

From there, I was linked to a pilot's blog "Flight Level 390 - America from the Flight Deck".  (click here) This blog is by a commercial pilot that has good writing skills.  A good read.

'Daddy...Daddy come home' blog
This linked me to "Daddy...Daddy come back!" by a pilot's wife.  I read about pilot shifts and how it affects the family.  I enjoyed the post written by her husband, the pilot.  "A Pilot Father" (Click here).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...